BLOG - APRIL 2009

I will be conducting a full production of La Voix Humaine with Katerina Mina this September with the Cyprus Symphony Orchestra.

Just finished arranging Schumann's cello concerto for violin and strings, for Anthony Marwood and the Irish Chamber Orchestra, to be premiered next week.

The following week I will play my tenth concert of Bach suites in churches, and for the first time I will give four recitals in a row in various churches in the north of England. A few weeks later I will give six recitals on consecutive nights, which I have never before attempted.

In the middle of planning an exciting season with the Royal Orchestral Society - confirmed programmes in the next posting. With concerts in St John's Smith Square the orchestra has a huge potential. I will be conducting Sibelius' wonderful 6th Symphony, Beethoven's 8th and (for the first time!) Mozart's 40th with Kew Sinfonia.

Just finished my first six weeks of rehearsal and concerts with the Philharmonia, conducted by Esa-Pekka Salonen and Lorin Maazel, playing fiendishly difficult repertoire. Delighted that I will now be put on the extra list.

Now starting the mammoth task of reorchestrating Auber's Fra Diavolo for Stanley Hall Opera, which will dominate my time for the next two months along with the Bach recitals.

Very pleased to hear my music used extensively on the BBC's Victorian Farm series. One day soon I will find time to do more composing.

Popular Posts